Monday, August 30, 2010

G street

Moved into my new place a few weeks ago! It is really starting to come together. I am living with 3 girls from UNCW. Christine and Lori - who I lived with this past year and then Leigh our new roommate who has just begun Grad school up in DC.

Our house has lots of 'character' - which is a lovely way to say - it's old. But we love it! We have this ugly carpet that runs up the steps and covers the floors upstairs, we have 1.5 bathrooms for the four of us, and our washer dryer is so squeaky and the dryer exhaust pipe vents right into the house and not outside. BUT the carpet has grown on me, though it is patterned and at first glance you may think you are in your grandparents house. Our bathroom - oh I forgot to mention it is floor-to-ceiling pink; pink tiles, pink sink, pink toilet, pink bathtub... ohhh yes. I'll post pictures soon, no worries. It might be my favorite thing to show on the tour of the home. We haven't really had any problem sharing one shower between the four of us. We are all fairly low maintenance ladies and it works with the unconventional schedules we all keep. Oh and don't you worry the dryer is fixed, well it no longer squeaks - still vents to the house - we'll have to figure that out later. I do like this place more than our last! Our last house was much more up-to-date and renovated but this house has more space and rooms. We don't hear neighbors through the shared walls (better yet, they don't hear us). Cute little G street, DC row house!

We live a block from the Eastern Market metro stop which is write off Pennsylvania ave SE. So we're still on Capitol Hill (at least I think its still considered on the hill - the house is only a mile from our old place) We are blocks away from great restaurants, bars, the weekend outdoor market, wonderful coffee shops, book stores etc. I have very much enjoyed biking around and discovering new places near us. Our street is laid back with friendly neighbors - we've jazzed up the front a little and our back "yard" needs some work but its been so fun settling in. So city. Come visit.

pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment