Christmas day we always go to my Mom's parents house. Mom is one of five kids and all five kids along with their families travel down Christmas day to my grandparents house to do Christmas all over again. It is absolute chaos and one of my favorite times with my family. 25 people under one roof (well, actually only 23 - mom and glenn opted for a Hotel this year). We stayed in Fayetteville till Sunday and then back to Charlotte. Monday mom and I hit the mall per the norm and spent the day together. Monday night I travelled with some girlfriends to our HS Young Life leader, Nicole's house for dinner. Our 'Campaigners' group from HS has gotten together every christmas since HS to catch up, a great tradition! This year Nicole's son Tucker joined in the festivities, he is 14 mo. It was so great to see her and catch up with some of the girls about life and the new and exciting things they are all up to.
Tomorrow is back to DC, and I must say that I am kind of ready to go back. I miss the hustle of the city already. The break was great and much needed, but a good reminder that I am where I am supposed to be in DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment