Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nostalgia and Excitement

Today, I was out in Alexandria doing some last minute Christmas shopping. On my way back into DC, I had the best moment of nostalgia and excitement. I was coming up on 395 and right before you cross over 1 you get this view of DC. first the Washington Monument then ever so easily your eyes find the Capitol Building and off in the distance the bell tower of the Old Post Office. It reminded me of the first few times coming up to visit Christine and how exciting it was when I was first able to see the city after the long trip, the same feeling when I was moving up, and I suppose it is because I don't drive out of the city past 1 very often that the moment today caught me by surprise. It was a nice reminder of how much I love it up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment