back from the brief blog hiatus.
It was a fun celebration. The whole gang was home. Taylor still lives with Mom and Glenn, Brad came home for the weekend from UNCP (where he is a sophomore), Lauren (Glenn's youngest of the three) came down too. Chris and his wife Chelsea came with their 3 little boys, who I cannot get enough of, also came over (they live on the North side of Charlotte). Glenn grilled steak, Tate's favorite, and we had a little birthday dinner on the back patio. I think Taylor enjoyed it - his actual birthday wasn't until Monday so he didn't have a drink yet. I had to cut the weekend short and head back to DC Saturday afternoon because I was working Sunday night, so I had to sleep Sunday day. But it was nice because I worked my three night shifts in a row this week, much better for the sleep schedule.
I'm also very excited because I'm leaving for Wilmington tomorrow!! For a graduation gift my uncle gave me two nights at a hotel to use whenever I wanted. So I chose to wait a few months after moving away from Wilmington and then use them to plan a trip back. Leigh flew in to Wilmington today from Chicago (where she is now living and taking ASL classes) and then Kelly is driving up from USC (where she is in grad school). Lori and I leaving DC tomorrow morning around 9am and probably grabbing some Chick-fil-a breakfast on the way. There aren't any Chick-fil-a's in DC so when we leave we ALWAYS go. I think I eat it more now than I ever did when I lived so close to one...its kind of like how you always seem to crave it on Sundays when you can't have it. Every day is like Sunday in DC.
No comments:
Post a Comment