This past Friday I attended a Memorial Service for one of our sweet little ones at the Hospital. He was 6 months old and passed away at the beginning of the month. He was blessing and a joy to care for. He suffered from a fatal genetic metabolic disorder and spent a few months on our unit. All of our nurses fell in love with him and it was exceptionally hard his last few days. I won't go into too much detail but he is someone I'll never forget; I learned the depth of heart ache that will accompany my job.
A very fitting poem was on a card that was handed out at the funeral. I'd like to share it:
'God saw he was getting tired
and a cure was not to be
So he put his arms around him
and whispered, 'Come with me.'
With tearful eyes we watched him suffer
and saw him fade away.
Although we loved him dearly,
we could not make him stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us
he only takes the best.'
No comments:
Post a Comment