Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pendants

We easily are able to categorize our life by decades (teens, twenties, etc ), significant events (graduation, marriage, first baby), or location (18 years in Charlotte, 5 in Wilmington, and so on); But what about moving from one phase of life to another? This is actually a silly thought but this is how it came about. I was talking with a friend about how my Mom and Glenn love bird watching. They enjoy sitting out on the back patio and watching birds in the back yard - here is where my question arises: Glenn is 6'6", was in a fraternity in college, was in the coastguard - point is I cannot imagine any of my guy friends now becoming bird-lovers, nor can I imagine that 30 years ago Glenn loved birds. So when did this happen?? When I was in middle school I thought cardigans were so ugly and old-lady like... but now I LOVE cardigans. I used to make fun of my mom's straight leg jeans, how un-cool was she. Guess who has a pair of straight leg jeans now? I'm crossing over?! I was explaining all of this to my Mom last weekend when she was up visiting. I don't know that she was really relating to what I was saying until I talked about pendants, you know, how old ladies put pendants on their coats! Am I going to one day look at a coat in my closet and start to think how good it would look with a pendant?? We couldn't stop laughing. We then decided lipstick was before pendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment