"Yes. We would eat chocolates and smoke cigarettes and read the Bible, which is the only way to do it, if you ask me. Don, the Bible is so good with chocolate. I always thought the Bible was more of a salad thing, you know, but it isn't. It is a chocolate thing."
-Blue like Jazz
We are reading/discussing Donald Miller's Blue like Jazz in my small group. There are so many parts of this book that are just so authentic and raw. As if he stole some of your thoughts and put them on paper. I highly recommend the book. I tried to read it about six years ago in college, I'm not sure if it was an age thing, or a maturity thing but I never got past the first two chapters. Then I picked it up again a couple months ago and read the book one weekend almost without putting it down. Lacey and I (Lacey is who I co-lead this small group with) intended to read a different book with our group and the weekend before we had our first group, we were getting coffee and I told her how I didn't finish our original book because I picked up BLJ and couldn't put it down. We then got on this tangent about BLJ and how much we loved the style of the book. Then we switched books for our group. All of this to say, again I recommend it.
Read it and then lets get coffee.
No comments:
Post a Comment