quick run down...
Went on an AMAZING trip in March with Leigh and Lori down to St. John in the Virgin Islands! It was a whorl-wind trip, we fit so much into the time that we had. We hiked to beaches, snorkled, took full advantage of amazing happy hours, danced, ate, took a boat out to the British Virgin Island - Yost Van Dyke on Leigh's birthday! We stayed with Leigh's older brother Jacob and he was the BEST host! This was my first trip to the Caribbean and it was a blast, such a beautiful place.
We're in a safari-like taxi on our way to one of the beaches!
Okay, so that was St John in a nut shell...
New news - I signed up for a 10k in June that is benefiting the American Stroke Asso. I'm running in the race in DC with my Aunt in honor of my grandmother who suffered 2 strokes last February. She's doing well (thought I should clarify - i'm not sure if you say 'in honor' or what you say when the person is still living...) and very excited about us running in the 10k!
The Cherry Blossoms bloomed in DC! Always so beautiful. My running route typically consist of a quick loop around the Capitol building (nbd), and I can smell the cherry blossoms - it is awesome! People come in from ALL OVER to see these trees. They were given to us as a symbol of peace from Japan sometime after WWII (just learned that little tid-bit this year).
Cherry Blossom's line the walk way to the Smithsonian Institution Building.
Oh and I joined a kick ball team - if you've ever been up to visit DC in the spring or fall you've probably seen groups of young adults playing on the National Mall, essentially in the shadow of the Washington Monument. Welp, that's going to be me. I'm not sure how many games I'll actually be able to make because of my inconsistent work schedule but I'll be excited for even just a few, the cool t-shirt and just to be able to say I've done it.
I'm really starting to get the summer time itch. DC is so great in the summer time with all the free and outside activities! Can't wait! Thats the quick run-down of the last 2 months or so.
YOU FORGOT ONE MAJOR EVENT 3blm2ndA HA :)
ReplyDeleteha, oh don't you worry I'm planning on giving the weekend its own post!
ReplyDelete