Moments are the building blocks of our lives in the here and now. They equalize and simplify. Each has its own unique contribution to the story that our lives become. Yet each moment has an outcome that moves us in a direction, carrying with it some element of the unpredictable. In the midst of these instances we have a choice. We can choose to trust, to learn, to give. These moments are where faith is found! – A quote by Mike Ashcraft.
Every new year Mike, the Pastor of Port City Community Church, the church I went to while in Wilmington; challenges everyone to give up choosing New Years Resolutions that generally have fallen by the wayside by February 1 and choose ‘One Word’ for the year. Your ‘One Word’ may be something you may have been struggling with, want to be more diligent to incorporate into your everyday life or a
My ‘One Word’ in 2007 was Release, in 2008 it was Inspired and in 2009 it was Intentional. This year I have spent more time trying to find the right word for me this year.
I choose Joy for 2010. James 1:2-4 has been one of favorite verse and as I have read over my journal from the past 6-8 months joy is the word that keeps jumping out at me. Last year was a year full of transitions and new beginnings all of which can prove to be overwhelming and now that I am 6 months + into this next chapter of my life I want to strive to find Joy in everything God is doing with me. It is easy for me to lose sight of this and I want my one word to serve as my reminder.
http://www.portcitychurch.org/weekendmessagearchive.php If you follow this link and scroll down the archive page to January 2009 you can watch last years ‘My One Word’ message. Its not too late to choose one for the year J
No comments:
Post a Comment