Santa came to visit Georgetown!
Today was such a special day. Santa, Mrs. Clause, Rudolph and Frosty came for a visit. There was a big party on the main floor of the Hospital and then the crew came up to my floor to visit our kids (because they were to sick to make the trip down.)
I actually ended up getting choked up; one of my favorite patients (who has been in the hospital since May of this year) was SO excited for Santa to come and she was getting a picture with the whole gang and we were encouraging her to smile and I was just watching her as she was almost too overwhelmed to smile for a picture; She took her hand off her walker and was trying to hold Mrs. Clauses hand during the picture... it was the sweetest moment as I realized this is probably her last Christmas and it was such a pure moment.
I ended up excusing myself to our back room because I got all teared up and as I was trying to explain how she was grabbing for Mrs. Clauses hand I couldn't get any words out. Such a wonderful day to be apart of.
Link to the News video:
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/teen-honored-as-santa-delivers-toys-at-georgetown-university-hospital-121510
No comments:
Post a Comment