
So new years eve late night, I was enjoying a snack in the kitchen when a Stuart Little came scurrying out across the floor! I freaked. The next morning I went straight to the store and picked up those sticky traps to catch the mouse. The next morning before work I slowly opened the kitchen door and found TWO mice stuck to the sticky things! I shut the door and went to starbucks for breakfast and coffee leaving the mice! I texted my other roommates to warn them and see if maybe they could get one of our guy friends to come collect those Stuarts from the kitchen! My roommate Christine was on the phone with me when she went into the kitchen before she headed out to work, which was about an hour after I left. I warned her of the locations of the mice and as she opened the door I heard, "oh no, Mel there is only one!" sheesh!! He was free!! So this Stuart was smart. I went to pick up snap traps the following day. I tried to be humane but I had to stand my ground and show Stuart who was boss. Sure enough the following morning Stuart must have been fast asleep somewhere in the house with a belly full of peanut butter because all the peanut butter left as bate on the snap traps had been eaten, without a trap being set off! This meant war. 8 snap traps and 12 sticky traps later - we ended up catching five Stuarts! (sick) and this is the picture when we decided to TAKE BACK the kitchen. Lori and I lysoled the heck out of the kitchen and luckily haven't seen a mouse in five days. I hate being scared in my own house, I can't live like this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment