Thursday, August 13, 2009

1 Month

I have now been up in DC for about a month. I can't believe how quickly the month flew by.

Andrea (my best friend from high school) is a flight attendant and she had a trip this past weekend that landed her in DC for the night. It was such a great surprise! I drove out Friday night to Dulles to pick her up and then took her back Saturday. It was such a tease to have her here such a short time.

So apparently every Monday for the past 6 or 8 weeks there is an event in DC called 'Screen on the Green'. There is a big outdoor movie screen put up between the Capitol Building and the Washington Monument and hundreds of people come out with blankets, picnics, drinks etc. and find a spot on the National Mall to set themselves up for the movie. This week 'Rebel Without a Cause' was shown. It was a lot of fun! You are sitting watching a movie, outside, on a lovely summer evening, and while looking at the screen you can see the Capitol Building just past it. What a great city! It is too bad that it was the last one, but I am looking forward to discovering more of these DC events!!

No comments:

Post a Comment