Monday, August 3, 2009

Twilight Zone

I just finished working 3 night shifts in a row. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night 7 pm to 7:30 am. I was in my own time zone, I would come home from a shift around 8:15 in the morning and go right to bed. Then wake up around 3:30 pm, shower and eat "breakfast" then go back in to work. so strange.

As far as the work part - it was great. It was amazing how much more comfortable I became after consecutive shifts. Working with central lines, gtubes, ostomys, paper work, labs, etc. I am learning so much and it has only been 4 shifts. I am enjoying my little transplant patients. The patient population on the floor I am on is pediatric patients needing a small bowel transplant liver transplant or both. In school we briefly go over the pathophysiology of a number of conditions but it is usually abstract until you get the hands on experience of patients with said diagnosis. - I was doing some research on the internet about a few of the conditions my patients the past few nights have and when I searched 'small bowel transplant' in google the first 3 sites that game up where all Georgetown University Hospital sites. No big deal :) I really feel that my floor is a great fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment