background: I am walking to Union Station to catch the metro to church today. (We were trying out a new church that a guy from Christine's work spoke at last week). It is Colt, Christine, myself and Lori - I am commenting on how much a love the mornings - everyone is so much more friendly and cheerful. I attribute this to the fact that most people who are out and about in the morning are up because they want to be, either enjoying a morning jog, cup of coffee, walking their dog or whatever it may be. So after this discussion about how only in the mornings do you usually greet everyone you pass and it fades as the day goes on - you rarely have someone walk past you at 3 pm and say 'good afternoon' - just doesn't sound as good, we get on the metro. Christine and I both have traveler coffee mugs with us, we aren't really drinking from them because the coffee is still very hot and it is toasty on the metro. Now you have the background.
Story: We are riding along and there is this older lady (maybe late 50's to late 60's) sitting near us on the metro. I catch her starring at us a few times throughout the ride, but I don't think much of it because there aren't that many people on the metro so I guess there is less to look at. After about 5 stops she gets up to get off and is waiting for the doors to open. Her starring increases and it is kind of awkward but from the way that we are all facing I'm really the only one noticing the insistent starring...then she leans in a bit and says, "You aren't supposed to eat or drink on the metro, all educated people know that" (In a very rude tone), then she just gets off the train. At this point I am looking around because I couldn't even respond: A. I wanted to see if anyone caught what just happened because I was stunned, B. I didn't know what to even say to that, and C. Christine is on the brink of tears.
Morale of the story: People aren't always nicer in the morning time.
hahahah oh man. she was not a happy camper. that is too funny
ReplyDelete